ACKNOWLEDGMENT OF RISKS & HAZARDS, LIABILITY RELEASE & AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE
1. I agree, for myself and/or my child, to RELEASE, forever indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Nashoba Valley Acquisition Corp, Nashoba Hill Corp and their owners, officers, directors, volunteers, employees, affiliates, agents and assigns, (collectively as “RELEASEES”) from liability for any and all loss or damage to myself or to my child or my or my child’s property resulting from the RELEASEES’ NEGLIGENCE or any other cause. I understand that the RELEASEES are not responsible for the consequences of their own NEGLIGENCE, that is, their failure to use reasonable care in any way. I acknowledge that I am freely and expressly assuming and accepting any and all risks of property damage, personal injury and death in connection with my or my child’s use of the resort.
2. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I further agree, for myself and/or my child, to release and give up any and all claims and rights that I and/or my child may now have against RELEASEES. This releases all claims, including those of which I and/or my child am not aware and those not mentioned in this release. This release applies to claims resulting from anything which has happened up to now.
3. For myself and my child, I agree to RELEASE, indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the RELEASEES from any and all loss or damage that I or my child may cause to persons or property while using the resort. This includes, but is not limited to, any and all claims for personal injury, death and/or property damage that may in any way arise out of use of the ski area and the resort.
4. I know that alpine skiing is an action sport carrying significant risk of serious personal injury, death or property damage. I also know that there are natural and environmental conditions and risks, which independently or in combination with my activities may cause property damage, or severe or even fatal injuries to others or me.
5. I agree that I alone am responsible for my safety while participating in competitive events and/or training for competitive events and specifically acknowledge that the following persons or entities including Nashoba Valley Ski Area, the promoters, the sponsors, the organizers, the club promotes, the officials and any agent, representatives, officers, director, employee, member or affiliate of any person of any entity named above are not responsible for my safety. I agree to accept all responsibility for the risks, conditions, and hazards, which may occur whether they now are known or unknown.
6. I currently have, and I agree to maintain throughout the time that I train and compete, valid and sufficient medical and accident insurance. I understand that this is my sole responsibility and release all persons and entities identified above from providing this coverage for me.
7. I consent to the use by Releasees of any images, pictures (video and print), names and likenesses for commercial purposes, or otherwise, of me or my child, in connection with the activities of Releasees, without restriction as to frequency, duration or medium.
8. I agree that I will accept and abide by the rules and regulations of Nashoba Valley Ski Area and any other rules or regulations imposed by the organizers of any particular competition.
9. COVID-19 Warning - An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and Guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. “By entering the premises at Nashoba Valley Hill Corp. d/b/a Nashoba Valley Ski Area, you voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19. We will take all measures necessary to keep our property as safe and comfortable as possible for our guests amid the coronavirus pandemic, but please understand that there is a shared responsibility between guests and Nashoba Valley Hill Corp. d/b/a Nashoba Valley Ski Area & Nashoba Valley Snow Tubing Park.” I understand and acknowledge that I will obey all COVID-19 Rules and Guidelines listed in this document, listed on skinashoba.com and any additional signage posted at Nashoba Valley Ski Area or the premises, including but not limited to: Please visit us another day if you are not feeling well or you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 such as fever or chills(100.3 and above), cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, OR diarrhea (or if you have come into close contact with someone showing these symptoms or who has tested Positive for Covid-19) or have been asked to self-isolate or quarantine. Face coverings must be worn at all times while indoors until Westford Board of Health has advised otherwise.
10. This agreement is governed by the applicable laws of Massachusetts. If any part of this agreement is determined to be unenforceable, all other parts shall be given full force and effect. In the event that any provision is found to be invalid, the provision shall be revised so that it is enforceable to the greatest extent possible. I agree and understand that any claim or lawsuit against the RELEASEES may be brought in the federal or state courts of Massachusetts only.
I UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I HAVE CAREFULLY READ THIS RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENTS. I UNDERSTAND THAT MY SIGNATURE BELOW EXPRESSLY WAIVES ANY RIGHTS I HAVE TO BRING A CLAIM AGAINST OR SUE THE RELEASEES FOR INJURIES OR DAMAGES. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A CONTRACT THAT LIMITS MY LEGAL RIGHTS AND THAT IT IS BINDING UPON ME, MY HEIRS, AND LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES.